Monday, March 25, 2013

hhgregg NEVER Paid Me

hhgregg... Never Paid Me

They say...that if you want to hide information from people, put the info in a book. I say, if you want the world to know about it...put it on a social network. I’m here to today to tell you that I worked one week for hhgregg around mid January of 2013. My pay was minimum wage. I trained for a sales position or Floor Sales. I have a new found respect for a minimum wage worker. Here in Florida minimum wage is about $7.85. The asst. managers compelling speech on all the pay possibilities and incentives made it well worth the minimum wages. You can make $40k in your 1st year at hhgregg! I shortly found out that I could not effectively execute the position as well as to be expected. I found that walking on concrete floors was detrimental to my lower back. Reluctant to be a quitter, I did not want to resign from the job, but when a job brings you to tears and pain, you have to face reality. I called on the following Tuesday, a day after in which was scheduled to work to tell the assistant manager that I had to resign. He was not there so I text him and explained everything, and he said…. and I quote “It’s ok bro, this job is not cut out for everyone, I understand.” I felt so unencumbered to hear him say that. So the following two weeks I went up to get my last check. The Assistant manager gave me the pay card they issue to employees. As my wife and I drove away, we called to activate and check the balance on the card, the automated message stated “Your balance is $12”. I called the Asst. Manager back and stated to him the card only has $12 on it. We a little laugh and he said no problem, it’s a Saturday...I’ll fix it Monday….all I have to do is call it in and they will immediately fix this. Monday was a Holiday, so he said he will fix it the next day. After numerous texts in which I still have in my phone....It is now March of 2013.  hhgregg NEVER Paid Me. I called hhgregg corporate office to see what they could do...they told me there isn’t anything they can do until he sent in the time card. I told them that is the point! I contacted a few Lawyers offices and they said they couldn’t take the case. Of course not, after I pay for the Lawyers staples, emails, they’re faxes and or calls , I would have ended up back at square one ...“$12.00”.  I started to let it go because it not a whole lot of money. But it’s the principle in this thing. I really looked at this situations as total disrespect or disregard to another man, to not pay him. All I ever wanted to do was make and honest living, Do my music, and own my own Dollar Type Store Chain…. So that I could also help other people get to where I am. I have a child and wife to provide for. When big companies show you all the “Code of Ethics” videos and stress to you how important they are, yet they step on the little guy...Makes you wonder how they got to be the “Big Corporation” in the First place. It actually cost me more money to work for hhgregg than I made.  I’m Hurt...But God said He will make your enemies your footstool. The battle is not mine...It’s the Lords. I trust You Lord!

Help Me Share This Story And Stop Big Corporations like “hhgregg” from stepping on the Honest Americans In This Country!... I’m David D. Evans Jr.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment